Expedia's Eye Turning New Vegas Campaign
Expedia is a Canadian company that offers Canadians great travelling deals within and outside the country’s borders. During the past few days the operator has attracted a lot of attention thanks to their latest Las Vegas orientated campaign.
Namely, Expedia is motivating its clients to “Discover the Vegas You” and enjoy a trip that perfectly matches all their preferences and expectations. In addition to a minimalist webpage dedicated to the campaign, the company has also released an online video too.
Thus, visitors can find lots of useful content thanks to the classification of various offers. The general categories include hotels with nightclubs, shows, fine restaurants, gambling and so on.
The creative part of the campaign was led by Grip, while Veritas was responsible for PR. Mediacom was in charge of media buying and UK company Infectious took care of the programmatic.
Travelers Want More Than Just a Good Price
The whole idea came after Expedia did a great deal of research in Las Vegas with Ipsos. Its goal was to discover cool places and activities for Canadian tourists. They were trying to find motivations for different types of travellers to visit the Sin City.
According to the director of brand marketing at Expedia, Adam Francis, the research revealed that consumers were looking for much more than lowest prices or extras. Naturally, he pointed out that price still plays a significant role in the decision making process; however, modern travellers were also interested in the experiences they can have as well.
Francis stated that Las Vegas was always in the top ten most popular travel destinations at Expedia. Thus, it was only natural for the site to focus their marketing campaign on the city. A similar thing was done by the end of 2014 as well.
In both cases, the main goal was to focus on travelling experiences rather than package offers, deals and etc.
Francis explained this by saying that in the industry people sometimes get “so hung up on the conversion aspect” that they forget that travelling was all about the actual experience. Thus, the company decided to develop an inspirational campaign, which would present their top deals in an interesting way rather than just stating numbers.
The director of brand marketing further explained that the site was traditionally visited by travellers over 40. However, since data has shown that Las Vegas visitors are usually between 21 and 34, they tried to come up with a concept that would be attractive to both target groups.
Offers for Shopaholics, Future Brides and Gamblers
The amusing 30-second video depicts a group of co-workers that imagine whole different experiences while they’re visiting Vegas in their fantasy. One of them is visiting a magic show, the other is having a fancy dinner, while the third one is enjoying a pool party.
In other words, it perfectly depicts the idea Expedia is trying to present.
Those wondering what exact experiences are covered by the “Discover Vegas You” campaign; they can find them listed below:
- Hotels with the hottest nightclubs – these are hotels that have popular nightclubs and offer parties 24/7;
- Hotels with spectacular shows – visit magic shows, music performances and artistry in one of the hotels listed in this section;
- Hotels with the fines restaurants – gourmet Vegas is ready for all those people that enjoy exquisite cuisine, cosy atmosphere and renowned chefs;
- Hotels in vintage Vegas – discover old school Vegas; get accommodation and party where the city was born;
- Hotels for bachelor(ette) bashes – party with your closest friends, celebrate your last days as a bachelor(ette) and even get married in Vegas;
- Hotels for high rollers – gambling enthusiasts can find the best deals for hotels that feature top casino floors;
- Hotels with the perfect pools – amazing and huge swimming pools are on the offer for those that want to cool off;
- Hotels for the shopaholics – stay at chic hotels and lose yourself in their luxurious shops.